The independent directors of the SCPRE Board are:
Philip Marcus Clark AO, Independent Chairman
- Mr Clark was formerly Managing Partner of the law firm Minter Ellison from 1995 to 2005. Prior to joining Minter Ellison, Mr Clark was a Director and Head of Corporate with ABN Amro Australia, and prior to that he was the Managing Partner of the law firm Mallesons Stephen Jaques for 16 years.
- Mr Clark has significant prior board experience in the listed REIT sector, having been a Director and Chair of the Audit Committee of ING Management Limited, the Responsible Entity of a number of listed REITs managed by ING Real Estate.
- Mr Clark is a member of the J.P. Morgan Advisory Council and Tennis NSW Corporate Advisory Board, and chairs a number of government and private company boards. He was a Director of Ingenia Communities Group and Chairman of Hunter Hall Global Value Limited, and is currently a Director of Food Agility Cooperative Research Centre (CRC).
- Mr Clark was made a Member of the Order of Australia in June 2007 for service to the legal profession and business.
- Qualifications: BA, LLB, and MBA (Columbia University).
Dr Kirstin Ferguson, Independent Non-executive Director
- Dr Ferguson is an experienced company director and, in addition to being a Director of SCPRE, currently sits on the boards of Hyne and Son Pty Ltd, EML Payments Limited and is the Deputy Chair of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
- Dr Ferguson's previous directorships include CIMIC Group Limited, Dart Energy Ltd, Layne Beachley's Aim for the Stars Foundation, Orbitas Group Pty Ltd, Queensland Rugby Union Ltd, Queensland Theatre Company and SunWater Ltd. She was also an Advisory Panel Member of She Starts.
- She is an Adjunct Professor at QUT Business School. Dr Ferguson is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and a Graduate of both the AICD Company Directors Course and International Directors Course.
- Dr Ferguson's executive career included roles as the CEO of an international consulting organisation and Director of Corporate Services with an international corporate law firm.
- Qualifications: PhD (Governance), LLB (Honours), BA (Honours), FAICD and a member of Chief Executive Women.
Philip Redmond, Independent Non-executive Director
- Mr Redmond has over 30 years' of experience in the real estate industry including over 5 years with AMP's real estate team and over 12 years with the investment bank UBS from 1993 to 2005.
- Mr Redmond has prior Board experience in the listed REIT sector, having been a director on a number of listed REITs managed by ING Management Limited and Galileo Funds Management Limited.
- Qualifications: Bachelor of Applied Science (Valuation), Master of Business Administration (AGSM) and MAICD.
Belinda Robson, Independent Non-executive Director
- Mrs Robson is an experienced real estate executive, having worked with Lend Lease for over 20 years in a range of roles including most recently as the Fund Manager of the Australian Prime Property Fund Retail.
- Mrs Robson is a Director of GPT Funds Management Limited.
- Mrs Robson's previous roles with Lend Lease included Head of Operations, Australian Prime Fund Series, and Portfolio Manager, Australian Prime Property Fund Retail.
- Qualifications: BComm (Honours).
Beth Laughton, Independent Non-executive Director
- Ms Laughton has over 25 years' experience in corporate finance.
- Ms Laughton is a Director of GPT Funds Management Limited (GPTFM) and the Chair of GPTFM's Audit, Compliance and Risk Management Committee. She is also a Director of JB Hi-Fi Limited, the Chair of its Audit and Risk Management Committee and Member of the Remuneration Committee.
- Ms Laughton's previous roles include:
- Director of Australand Property Group, Member of the Audit Committee and Member of the Risk and Compliance Committee.
- Director of CRC CARE and Chair of the Audit and Risk Management Committee;
- Director of Port Adelaide Maritime Corporation;
- Director (and Acting Chair) of Sydney Ferries and Chair of the Audit Committee; and
- Member of the Advisory Board of Defence SA and Member of the Audit and Risk Management Committee of Defence SA.
- Qualifications: Bachelor of Economics from Australian National University, Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand and a Fellow of Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Steven Crane, Independent Non-executive Director
- Mr Crane has over 40 years' of financial market experience having previously been Chief Executive Officer of ABN AMRO Australia and BZW Australia.
- Mr Crane is the Chair of nib Holdings Limited, a Director of APA Group, he is also the Chair of Taronga Conservation Society Australia and the Chair of Global Valve Technology Limited.
- Some of Mr Crane's previous roles include Director of Bank of Queensland and Director of Transfield Services. He was also the Chair of Investa Property Group and a Director of Adelaide Bank Limited. Mr Crane was a Director of Foodland Associated, Chair of Adelaide Managed Funds, Director of APA Ethane and Chair of the Investment Banking and Securities Association. Mr Crane was a Trustee of Australian Reward Investment Alliance, Deputy Chair of Australian Chamber Orchestra and Director of Sunnyfield Association.
- Mr Crane has a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) from University of Newcastle.
The key executives of the SCA Property Group are:
Anthony Mellowes, Chief Executive Officer, and Executive Director
- Mr Mellowes is an experienced property executive. Prior to joining SCA Property Group, Mr Mellowes was employed by Woolworths Limited since 2002 and held a number of senior property related roles including Head of Asset Management and Group Property Operations Manager. Prior to Woolworths, Mr Mellowes worked for Lend Lease Group and Westfield Limited.
- Mr Mellowes was appointed Chief Executive Officer on 16 May 2013 after previously acting as interim CEO since the group's listing on 26 November 2012. Mr Mellowes was a key member of the Woolworths Limited team which created SCA Property Group.
Mark Fleming, Chief Financial Officer, and Executive Director
- Mr Fleming is an experienced finance executive. Prior to joining SCA Property Group, Mr Fleming was CFO for Treasury Wine Estates. Mr Fleming has also held senior finance roles at Woolworths Limited, and was an investment banker with UBS and Goldman Sachs prior to that. Mr Fleming holds both a Bachelor of Economics and a Bachelor of Laws degree from Sydney University.
- Mr Fleming is also a Trustee of the Royal Botanical Gardens and Domain Trust.
Mark Lamb, General Counsel and Company Secretary
- Mr Lamb is an experienced transactional lawyer with over 20 years' experience in the private sector as a partner of Corrs Chambers Westgarth and subsequently Herbert Geer and in the listed sector as General Counsel of ING Real Estate.
- Mr Lamb has extensive experience in retail shopping centre developments, acquisitions, sales and major leasing transactions having acted for various REITs and public companies during his career.